Friday, February 12, 2010

There is NOTHING that could have made it better!

Wow....and I know I've been saying 'wow' a lot lately, but that's the only word that comes to mind lately! That game last night was everything I thought a zags game at the MAC would be, plus some.

If I had to sit in the very top row, in the very corner of the MAC, I would have been the happiest person in the world...but I got to spend most of the first half on the front row of the kennel club!!! What an experience! I'll tell you what, that's the most fun I've had in a long time, but boy am I paying for it!! I feel like I need to ice my ankles!! Haha. Those guys just don't stop! Every second of the game, they are hopping, jumping, and screaming...and being in the middle of all of that just gave me chills. And then, to top it all off, I got to shoot the halfcourt shot for $1300!!! I'm still convinced that ball was heavier than regulation size, hehe. I STILL cant believe I airballed it!! Oh well, walking out on that floor in front of a packed house was something I never thought I'd get to do. Kissing the bulldog was really special for me. It just kinda came to me while I was walking out onto the floor, and it was one of the coolest feelings you can imagine.

In my first day, I met SO many cool people. ElVoce was the BEST tour guide I could have asked for, we went everywhere, saw so many great places, and he had backstories for just about everything. Then I got to meet tons of posters at Domini's and David's pizza, it was fantastic, they were all such cool people, and a bunch of them brought me zags stuff! Crazy!! Thank you to those of you who did that, that was super nice of you. And thanks to all those people who just stopped by Davids pizza for like 5 minutes to meet me, even though you couldn't stay for pizza or anything, I'm glad I got to meet you all.

One of the most interesting feelings I've ever had, was yesterday when I was getting recognized all over campus by random people!! My brother just kept laughing because he couldn't believe it. I would say at least 15, maybe 20 times, somebody would stop me and want to say hi, or they'd yell out, 'Hey Woohoo!!', or they'd say, 'Hey there's the guy doin the blog!'. It was just hilarious. I met salsageek walking down the sidewalk, he's a really cool guy, I'm glad he stopped me. But there were just countless people stopping me, that would say they never post, or rarely post, but they're following the blog. Funny stuff.

Thanks again to Gonezagaga and Ghostzag for last night. I can't believe the journey is just beginning here in Spokane!!

Plans for today- Golf, maybe play basketball at the air force base, grab dinner somewhere cool...no plans really set in stone, just kinda enjoy things around Spokane.

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff woohoo. I hope the rest of the trip is just as good as Thursday.

    Lothar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad we ran into each other. You are even cooler in person!

    -Salsageek

    ReplyDelete